Quote it!


"You want a friend in Washington? Get a dog." Harry S. Truman



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This Is Why

It has been awhile since I wrote in this blog, I made some changes, decided that I wanted to write about current events, ie. the “headlines” of the day. (or whatever comes to mind at the time) Lately I have had a great interest in what is going on in the world and how it relates to all of us and, of course, the political implications. I have begun to develop a strong opinion on things and have found this blog as a valuable place to voice it. So, here is some personal background, to help aid in understanding me. My attitude and views on things have distinctly changed. If you read my previous blog, from upon many months back, you will see that I did begin to have a growing concern about politics and world events. But that concern was not as deeply rooted as it is now. It was more of a generalized interest. It took what I call a “life experience” in order to firmly root where I am at right now. That “life experience” is this: It all surrounded my experience in joining the Army. That is where I reexamined my reason(s) towards what I was really, truly doing. Going in I was very excited, I found a “real” purpose. I thought that I was being very “patriotic”, willing to even die for my country. I was searching for a reason greater than myself, and this was it, right? But I also now realize that I was not being open-minded. People concerned about me voiced it (some clearer than others) about my decision. They openly wondered if it was the “right” thing for me. At that point in my life, right up to the time I left, I became defensive to those people. Thankfully, those who are close to me supported me, as those who did not know me as well were at the very best skeptical. Well, the time came, I left for basic. That is when it became real for me. Why it did not before, who really knows, (I know it should have, I had plenty of time to think about it) but my time there, which granted was not very long, it was long enough for me to decide, to know, that this was not my place. I will honestly admit it felt like things where out of my control. Mentally I could not do it, physically my body did want to, but my anxiety overwhelmed me! No matter what I tried to do my racing anxious thoughts, overtook me physically, I physically could not calm down, that was a scary thing for me. I finally concluded and admitted that I needed help! I could not “will” myself out of it... and Basic Training is neither the time nor the place to receive that kind of help. So I left, that simple right, I had to go through a long process of such, but yes I left. I can write more about it, that whole experience, but not today, maybe not ever. It is time for something new! And that is where I want to start! I have to see that it is the start of something new. Not only a time for me to reflect, but not to dwell, in that past event, or for that matter any past events. So let’s begin with what I learned. Now I am coming back, to be willing to be open-minded. But, how do I do that? It starts and ends with not being closed off anymore to only one way of thinking of and about thing(s). I need to understand that mistakes happen and will continue to happen. But open to new ways of thinking will help correct and change the decisions I make in life! That is what the focus of my writings will be about. Taking the news, the “headlines” out there and offering my opinion, my newly found open minded “view” on things. My hope is that I will spark other people’s interest too, and who knows where that might go! Tell me what you’re interested in and what your story is! So, here is what I want to ask


No comments: